Federal state budgetary educational institution of higher education «Kabardino State University - Balkarian named after Kh. Berbekov (KBSU) «is one of the oldest universities in the North Caucasus».



Kabardino-Balkarian State University began its work on September 1, 1957. In its structure there were 4 faculties: historical - jurisprudence, physical - mathematical, engineering - construction and agricultural. The total number of college departments is 21. 569 students were transferred to study in the first cycle of the new university. The student body totaled over 3,100, including 1,666 full-time students. The teaching staff consists of 170 people including 3 Doctors of Sciences, Professors and 40 Candidates of Sciences.
The first rector of KBSU was Khatota Motovich Berbikov. In the late 1960s - early 1970s KBSU was not only the main academic, but also the scientific center of KBASSR and one of the leading universities in the North Caucasus. Over the years, the number of graduates has increased from 3-4 times, two new faculties have been opened: biological and medicinal chemistry, and a graduate school has appeared. But most importantly, the university's computerization process has begun. The first computers appeared at KBSU, and a computer lab was opened at the university.
https://eng.kbsu.ru/history-of-the-university/
 

 The first year of study is dedicated to general subjects, such as Higher Mathematics, General Chemistry, Physics, History, Foreign Language, Descriptive Geometry, Machine Drafting and Drawing, Technology of Metals, Shop Training, Theoretical Mechanics, Physical Education.

 

Read more ...

With 200 years of experience in medical training, KSMU is justifiably an international University. Around 700 students from more than 57 countries around the world study here and half of them study in English. Moreover, we have a large group of students from neighboring and remote regions of Russia. We are proud that Kazan medical school is attractive for young people from different parts of the world. That is why our priority is support and care for international students.

 

Read more ...

 

The decision on the creation of Chuvash State University was made on the basis of the award of the Lenin Institute of Energy Engineering in Moscow on August 17, 1967. On that day, the USSR Council of Ministers adopted the Resolution “On the Establishment of the Chuvash State University”. There were 7 faculties, namely: historical faculties - Linguistics, medical colleges, general technical colleges, chemical, economics, electrical engineering, and industrial electrification colleges.

Read more ...

 The international institute offers preparing courses in subjects that are requested by the universities for passing the entrance examination. The key target is teaching foreign students in Russian languages.

Read more ...

Moscow Industrial College

The college foundation was laid on Miusskaya Square in Moscow on May 23, 1898. The classes began on July 1 in leased premises, and the first class was out of school in 1906.

Moscow Industrial College had a strong faculty, many of whom had been professionally trained at the Imperial Moscow Technical School and Moscow State University. This fact predetermined the dynamic development of the new educational institution, which was transformed into the Moscow Chemical Technical College in 1918, and began to churn out applied engineers.

Read more ...

 

 

The University was founded in 1909 as Imperial University by the Decree of Emperor Nicholas II.[3] On June 10, 1909, the Emperor signed the "Decree on the foundation of the university in Saratov", which became the tenth University in Russia and consisted of the Medical Faculty only. Professor V.I. Razumovsky became the first university rector.[4] He was a prominent public figure, talented surgeon, and unique scientist who is considered to be the founder of a neurosurgery school in Russia. Construction of major university buildings as well as the university clinic named after S.R. Mirotvortsev was carried out under the supervision of the talented russian architect Karl Hermann Ludwig Müffke.

In 1930, the Medical Faculty of Saratov University was transformed into an independent institution of higher education, which was known as the Medical Institute.

 

 

 

Read more ...

The Tula State University (TSU) is the biggest state university in Tula. More than 20 K students, 400 postgraduates, and 600 foreign students from 30 countries study at Tula State University.

Read more ...

Moscow State University is a major traditional educational institution in Russia; it offers training in almost all branches of modern science and humanities.

Read more ...

Students' life

Learn about student life in Russia for international students: accommodation, practical preparations, social activities and more.

View Info

Latest News